What Is The Business Side Of Social Media?
Social media is the slang expression for ‘the current state of the Internet’.
So what does that mean really?
We think it means that the vast bulk of people out there in ‘Internet land’ regard social media platforms as being their default locations, and as such we can reach a considerable range of markets on them.
This quote is from Gary Vaynerchuk, a well-known digital entrepreneur and speaker from the United States, if you do not know Gary we definitely recommend looking him up, he is brilliant & highly successful.
This equates to billions of people* all being present on these sites (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and so on), using the platforms, interacting, participating and gaining information about what is ‘going on’ (a vast range of topics), discussing and evaluating businesses as a natural part of this, recommending your business or services to the people they encounter in relevant user groups, forums, discussion threads.
We think that there is a lot of confusion and uncertainty regarding just how to go about presenting yourself, and gaining the maximum benefit from your business social media accounts – there is an awful lot of ‘generic’ information which can add to the confusion.
Essentially it is the ‘interactive’ dimension of social media, the real time two-way aspect that clearly separates it from all previous mass media.
This might seem obvious, but many businesses are experiencing difficulty making their social media efforts work; we can help.
We offer the means for you to begin seeing genuine results from your social media efforts, we can help you with:
- Building rapport naturally, moving away from ‘blasting sales messages’ which so many businesses seem to get stuck on
- Customer relationship strategies, using social media to actively build your brand without seeming pushy or obvious.
- Setting up powerful promotional campaigns, taking advantage of the powerful tools for targeting specific demographics & locations
- We manage campaigns
- Setting up crafted ‘funnels’ to direct social media traffic to your presentations and sales processes – this makes a lot of difference
The approach to using social media will depend on your objectives, accordingly which social media platform is going to offer you the best outcomes will be the first step in building your social media program. We mainly work with:
There are specific benefits to using particular social media accounts, according to which segments of the market you wish to reach.
Being flexible, and using the right kinds of content, you can potentially build a powerful marketing presence, without seeming to.
In essence we have two different dimensions to using social media:
- The interactive potential for relationship building, customer support, real time opportunities, research & surveys, evaluations of response.
- The promotional opportunities derived from the advertising platforms built into specific social media sites, uniquely powerful & specific – reach huge numbers of precisely identified people.
We clearly separate these two dimensions, and build our social media marketing from them. We have a unique and non-generic approach, so many digital agencies adopt a one-size-fits-all template driven methodology; we do not.